Ask a question about Mental Health online. You'll receive an answer of a Mental Health Specialist.
Do you have a question over the topic Mental Health? Click here.
More questions about Mental Health.
Current Administrator for the topic Mental Health:
Name: Anna Maria Mazzarisi
Business name: The real anna
Reaction time: 3192 hours
Rating: 7.9 (max. 10)
More informatins on Anna Maria Mazzarisi can be found in his profile page
What is happening to me?Posted on: 2017-06-08 05:47:30]
I am 28 years old and I am facing these symptoms for more than a year now
1) I have a tremendous fear of going mad. In fact my symptoms started because I thought I was going mad. This was a year ago. I always think I might hear or see something, or lose touch with reality.
2) I have very vivid dreams and at times get confused as to whether they actually happened. As a result, it happens that when I wake up, I am confused as to whether the dream actually happened or not, and it is only after sometime that I convince myself that it did not happen.
3) I have an overactive imagination.When someone says something, I imagine that they will say this or that next. As a result, I am constantly berating myself and scared, as to why am I imagining stuff? I try to hold my imagination back as I am scared I will confuse it with reality.
4) Usually in the morning, I feel extremely anxious and feel I have lost my grip on reality, so much so that my teeth chatter from morning to afternoon.
5) I keep on getting mental images of things that happened long ago. For instance I will get images of things or incidents from the past that happened about 10 years ago or more. Since I have not visited these memories in a long time, I have forgotten how I used to feel about these things from long ago, and as a result, I feel extremely unnerved.
6) I also get mental images of things and places from my imagination/dreams out of nowhere. These also cause me to get taken aback and be startled and unnerved, as I think that I can no longer distinguish between reality and dreams/fantasy. I will immediately try to find out whether I dreamt about this or imagined this, in order to reassure myself that I am not losing touch with reality.
7) Sometimes I get distorted images of past memories. As these things never happened, they cause me to get startled and think I am losing touch with reality.
8) There are period of time when I am extremely confused and cannot make sense of things. During these times, I will catch myself, and think I am losing touch with reality. I will think that my thinking has become illogical.
9) I am scared of my imagination running away and causing me to lose touch with reality. I will often try to imagine "what happens next" in a scenario. This causes me discomfort and panic as I think that my overactive imagination is causing me to lose my grip on reality. I do know that this is my imagination, but I feel very scared.
10) I also get memory problems.
This question doesn't have an answer.
Subtopics within the topic Mental Health:
Other guestions related to What is happening to me?:
Concept & Web design Webshop+