Add to favorites
Nederlandse versie: Consejeros Gratis adviseurs Usa version: Advisors 4 Free Version franšaise: Conseils Gratuits Versione italiana: Belgische versie: Versiˇn espa˝ola : Consejeros Gratis Deutsche Version: Gratis Beraten
Current location:Home » Business & Finance » Taxes » EU Vat
Advertise on this site?

Ask a Question?

Ask a question about EU Vat online. You'll receive an answer of a EU Vat Specialist.

Do you have a question over the topic EU Vat? Click here. More questions about EU Vat.

Current Administrator for the topic EU Vat:
Name: Toon Hasselman
Business name: Limes international
Reaction time: 49 hours
Rating: 9.9 (max. 10)
More informatins on Toon Hasselman can be found in his profile page.

Become advisor?

RSS about EU VatQuestions about EU Vat via RSS. Click here.
RSS about EU Vat on your site?Questions about EU Vat on your site? Click here.
Keep informed via e-mail about EU VatQuestions about EU Vat via E-mail. Click here.

How do we claim the VAT back

Posted on: 2010-06-08 16:11:32]

We have a client in Norway who we are selling product to and we are having the product manufactured in Norway by a third party who is charging us Norwegian VAT


Please exept the following information. Please note that this is the general way to claim Norwegian VAT back. However, as you both purchase and sell goods in Norway, you might be obliged to register for VAT and file periodical VAT returns and appoint a VAT representative. Also, as from 1 January 2001, Norway has a reverse charge (i.e. the VAT due on your sale is levied from your Norwegian client). You need local Norwegian counsel to help you work that out.

As for claiming VAT the following rules apply.

With effect from 1 July 1996, foreign businesses are entitled to a refund of VAT incurred on goods and services they buy in Norway, or on goods they import into Norway (Art. 10-1).

Foreign businesses without supplies subject to VAT in Norway are entitled to a refund of VAT provided:


the VAT relates to business carried out abroad;


the business would have been liable to registration in accordance with the Norwegian Act relating to Value Added Tax if it had been carried out in Norway; and


the VAT would in that case have been deductible.

The right to a refund does not apply to purchases of certain goods and services, such as art objects and antiquities, and expenses relating to meals and entertainment and cars for the transport of persons, hereunder also rental cars.

VAT incurred on goods, imported for delivery to buyers in Norway, and on goods that are resold in Norway, is not refundable.

Claim procedure

The application for a refund is made on a special form (RF-1032). Forms are available on request from any regional tax office, or from the official web page

The following must be enclosed with the application:


original invoices or import documents as required in the general rules for authenticating the right to deduction; and


a clear description of the nature of the business and a certificate from a public authority confirming that the applicant is engaged in such business.

An application can be submitted by an authorized representative. An original authorization showing the period for which it is valid must be enclosed with the application.

The application with enclosures must be submitted in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English.

Application period and minimum amount

An application must relate to a period of not less than 3 months and not more than 1 calendar year. The period can be less than 3 months if it is the remainder of a calendar year. The application must relate to goods and/or services imported/supplied during the application period.

The application must be submitted no later than 6 months after the end of the calendar year to which it relates.

The amount of refund applied for must not be less than NOK 2,000. If the application relates to a whole calendar year or the remainder of a calendar year, the minimum amount is NOK 200.

The application should be addressed to:

Skatt Øst

P.O. Box 1073 Valaskjold

N-1705 Sarpsborg


Tel.: 47-6924 7000

Answered by:
Toon Hasselman
profile page

Other guestions related to How do we claim the VAT back:

Financial advice
      [Asked in Architecture]
2018-12-26 01:48:35
I have been followed by an entity my entire life.
      [Asked in Paranormal]
2018-09-26 01:30:30
      [Asked in Antiques]
2018-09-24 13:16:54
Saki Mugs, Made In Japan stamped
      [Asked in Antiques]
2018-08-27 12:43:34
What make are my dinner coffee and lamp ya or
      [Asked in Antiques]
2018-05-02 04:29:35

Average rating: 9.9 (7x voted yet)

Give this answer a rating!


Inform a friend about this question.
Your name:
Your e-mail:
Friend's name:
Friend's e-mail:
+ insert more friends

Disclaimer | Sitemap | Archive | Links | last 100 questions | Popular archive

Top 3 Advisors

  • Toon Hasselman

  • 9.8
  • Sanjeev Kumar
  • Totals:

    Questions:  1860
    Administrators:  55


    Already answered:  17 %
    Response time:  940 hours
    Rating:  7.5
Your advertisement here?

Concept & Web design Webshop+