Add to favorites
Nederlandse versie: Consejeros Gratis adviseurs Usa version: Advisors 4 Free Version franšaise: Conseils Gratuits Versione italiana: Belgische versie: Versiˇn espa˝ola : Consejeros Gratis Deutsche Version: Gratis Beraten
Current location:Home » Business & Finance » Taxes » EU Vat
Advertise on this site?

Ask a Question?

Ask a question about EU Vat online. You'll receive an answer of a EU Vat Specialist.

Do you have a question over the topic EU Vat? Click here. More questions about EU Vat.

Current Administrator for the topic EU Vat:
Name: Toon Hasselman
Business name: Limes international
Reaction time: 49 hours
Rating: 9.9 (max. 10)
More informatins on Toon Hasselman can be found in his profile page.

Become advisor?

RSS about EU VatQuestions about EU Vat via RSS. Click here.
RSS about EU Vat on your site?Questions about EU Vat on your site? Click here.
Keep informed via e-mail about EU VatQuestions about EU Vat via E-mail. Click here.

Advice for invoicing Norway please

Posted on: 2010-09-15 05:30:47]

We need to invoice a customer (a shop) in Norway for handbags ordered from us. We are VAT registered & based in the UK. I Have a Tax number for the company in Norway, should I be applying VAT to the invoice or not?
Many thanks

No, you should not apply UK VAT. As Norway is not part of the EU, the sale of merchandise from the UK to Norway qualifies as an export sale. Consequently, the sales price is zero-rated for UK VAT.

In principle, it is only crucial that the merchandise actually leaves the EU, not so much that the purchaser is a VAT registered business in Norway. This means that all evidence of the shipment to Norway will be helpful in supporting the zero-rate. 

Normally, exporting businesses need to collect customs and haulage documents, which are usual in international shipments. In your case, the shipment may be relatively small and this may cause the documentation to be limited. The exact UK formalities that you should comply with - correct box in the VAT return, wording of the sales invoice, documents to be kept etc. - would be best checked with HM Revenue and Customs, e.g. on their website (see and use "export sale" for the search).




Answered by:
Toon Hasselman
profile page

Other guestions related to Advice for invoicing Norway please:

Enter number, add one, enter new number
      [Asked in Java & JavaScript programming]
2019-04-14 20:32:35
How much slope needed to build a car ramp
      [Asked in Architecture]
2019-04-08 06:29:31
What is in these pictures?
      [Asked in Paranormal]
2019-03-24 07:30:56
Ceiling design
      [Asked in Interior design]
2019-03-22 07:06:00
Prompt the user for 5 numbers. Output the largest
      [Asked in Java & JavaScript programming]
2019-03-19 22:59:57

Average rating: 9.9 (7x voted yet)

Give this answer a rating!


Inform a friend about this question.
Your name:
Your e-mail:
Friend's name:
Friend's e-mail:
+ insert more friends

Disclaimer | Sitemap | Archive | Links | last 100 questions | Popular archive

Top 3 Advisors

  • Toon Hasselman

  • 9.8
  • Sanjeev Kumar
  • Totals:

    Questions:  1860
    Administrators:  55


    Already answered:  17 %
    Response time:  940 hours
    Rating:  7.5
Your advertisement here?

Concept & Web design Webshop+